- eISL to host EA SPORTS FCTM competitions for football fans formatted in 3 stages – Qualifiers, League & Playoffs; Qualifiers to be held in Reliance Digital venues followed by the League
- Third season to kick off on February 17 to be held offline across 10 cities
- eISL champion will represent the league at the EA SPORTS FC Pro World Championship Playoffs
- Unlike previous editions, players will have the opportunity to represent home eISL clubs
- Registration on JioGames app – Esports section
- Live action on JioCinema, Jio TV and Jio Games
Mumbai, 09 February 2024: Football Sports Development Limited (FSDL) today announced the launch of the third edition of eISL, its esports venture in collaboration with EA SPORTS FCTM and strategic partners JioGames. The eISL champion will get the opportunity to represent the league at the prestigious EA SPORTS FC Pro World Championship Play-Ins. eISL Season 3 promises to redefine the gaming landscape by blending the passion for football with the excitement of esports.
Given the success and fan followership in its previous editions, eISL league and playoff matches will be available live for fans for the first time in its history. Fans can catch the action live on JioCinema, Jio TV and Jio Games.
Qualifiers Across 11 Cities: A Nationwide Celebration of eSports and Football
The new season of Indian Super League’s official football esports tournament is set to kick-off on February 17th in Guwahati & Kochi, with qualifiers across all ISL clubs’ cities excluding Mumbai, who have already signed their eAthlete for the season. The entire season will be offline, right from city qualifiers to league stage to the playoff. The League stage and Playoffs will be held in Mumbai in April 2024. The league will be played in a 1v1 format this season.
A first in eISL history, winners from each city will represent their respective home ISL club team to compete in the league. There are no player retentions for the upcoming season. The qualifier cities are - Guwahati, Delhi, Kochi, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Bhubaneshwar, Goa, Chennai and Bengaluru.
FSDL Spokesperson said, “We are excited to be back with the third season of eISL. A season of many firsts, this edition promises to be yet another engaging and thrilling tournament, picking up from the success of its previous two seasons. The growth and potential of eSports has been acknowledged across the world and at FSDL, we are delighted to continue engaging with our young football and gaming fans through EA SPORTS FC to accelerate its followership and participation in the country.”